Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The miracle of Dragonfruit

I did my blood glucose test this morning and had a shock, it has dropped to 3.4 mmol/l. Lower than the normal glucose range. What did i eat yesterday? I was actually expecting it to be on a normal or higher side as i had fruits (red dragonfruit & peaches) after dinner. I was expecting the dragonfruit to cause my blood glucose to elevate instaed of dropping to a low level.

This result prompt me to do a research on the internet for "impact of dragonfruit on blood glucose level". The search was easy and instant. Immediately, topics on the health benefits of dragonfruit came up. Dragonfruit indeed help to control Type 2 diabetics and reduce glucose level. Dragonfruit also has Vitamin C, fibre, antioxidant (prevent cancer) and other micro-nutrients. Wow, no wonder it is called the "Dragon" fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment